Replacing your Winnipeg windows can be quite the endeavor, and it can also be quite the investment. You may find it helpful to understand how much replacement windows cost in general before reaching out to us here at Canadian Choice Windows & Doors™ for estimates. There are several factors that can affect replacement windows pricing in Winnipeg, as well.
Standard Costs for Retrofitted Window Replacement
A retrofitted window replacement involves reusing your existing window frames and replacing only the glass inside them. Typically, the cost involved in this sort of replacement range from $250 to $700 per window, but in some cases, such as for triple-pane windows with gas insulation, these costs can climb as high as $1000 per window. This means that if you live in a standard-sized home with 10 windows, you can expect to pay anywhere from $2500 to $10,000 for your retrofit window replacement.
Standard Costs for a Full Window Replacement
On the other hand, if your existing window frames are in poor condition, meaning the wood has cracked or rotted, it is in your best interest to go for a full window replacement, instead. This process is often referred to as “new construction window replacement” and requires a great deal more labor than a retrofit. Because of this, the variation in cost can range from 50% to 100% more than the retrofit, meaning that if you need to completely replace every window and window frame in a typical home with 10 windows, the cost may range from $5000 to $40,000 depending on the Winnipeg windows you choose.
Things Included in Winnipeg Window Replacement Costs
The costs mentioned above include more than the price of the windows and their installation. For these prices, we will be able to remove your old windows and/or window frames, apply insulation between the new window frame and the stud if required, install the new windows and/or frames, remove the old windows and/or frames from your property and dispose of them properly, and clean the new windows after they’re installed. Feel free to ask us if you are unsure about what your estimate includes.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Windows Replacement
Things that will have the greatest effect on the overall cost of your window replacement project in Winnipeg include:
- Retrofit vs. Full Replacement – A full replacement, including window frame replacement, costs 50% to 100% more than a retrofit, which involves replacing only the glass.
- Window Frame Material – Vinyl window frames cost less than most other materials, but they have their drawbacks, as well. Other materials from which you can choose include aluminum, steel, fiberglass, and wood, with wood typically being the most expensive.
- Repairs – If the structure of your home around the window opening has dry rot or other issues, we may need to repair these issues prior to installing your windows. This can drive up cost substantially depending on the extent of the repairs.
- Custom Windows – Finally, if the windows in your home are not “Standard” sizes, you will likely need custom windows. This can drive up the cost per window by 50% to 100% depending on the actual size and whether we need to create a custom-built window.
We want you to have a full understanding of the many factors that influence replacement window pricing in Winnipeg, so if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. We provide free estimates based on your unique needs, as well, to give you a good idea of what you might end up paying for your completed project.
* By providing your email and phone number above, you consent to receive communications from Canadian Choice Windows & Doors with promotional information regarding company events, news, and other applicable announcements. You may withdraw this consent by unsubscribing at any time.