Replacement Vinyl Windows in Ottawa
Vinyl windows are becoming more and more popular. As a cheaper option compared to both wood and aluminum windows, PVC windows prove to be a suitable choice for homeowners who want to dial down on the cost of replacements without sacrificing the aesthetic or value of their home.
Whether you’re going through a major remodel, or if you’re simply hoping to refresh your space with bright new windows, vinyl can be a cost-effective choice. Want to learn more about replacement vinyl windows in Ottawa? Here’s everything you need to know.
What are PVC Vinyl Windows?
Polyvinyl chloride - or simply PVC - is a chemically manufactured synthetic plastic polymer. The PVC used for windows is developed to be especially rigid, although there are PVC materials that are processed to make them more flexible. This is done by adding plasticizers to the PVC polymer.
However, because windows don’t need to be flexible, manufacturers skip that step, resulting to unplasticized polyvinyl chloride - or UPVC. For the most part, windows that are called PVC are actually UPVC, and they can be highly beneficial in a lot of ways.
Although cheaper than most other types of window materials, UPVC offers a range of benefits for those who are looking to get their windows replacement in Ottawa. Here are some of the reasons why this material might be better for your home than others:
- Affordable - Vinyl windows can be as much as 20-30% more affordable than wood or aluminum windows. For anyone hoping to shave down the cost of their window replacement, that can be a major upside.
- Durable - PVC can withstand deterioration for up to 30 years or longer, depending on how well you try to maintain their cleanliness and quality. They’re excellent at maintaining their shape, color, and aesthetic even decades after installment.
- Resistant - Compared to wood, vinyl windows are far more resistant to moisture and heat damage, and they even burn much slower in case of a house fire.
- Eco-Friendly - There’s no need to cut down a tree to make a vinyl window. They last long and require very little maintenance, and at the end of their long lifespan, you have the option to recycle them. So throughout their use and even after replacing them, vinyl windows pose very little threat to the environment.
Benefits of Vinyl Windows
Obviously, the PVC material does prove to be a beneficial choice in a lot of ways. But what advantages can a homeowner expect when this material is used for the windows in and around their home?
Ease of Maintenance
Wooden windows take time and special products to maintain. Constant rubbing, cleaning, and treating may be required to keep a wooden window from giving in to the onslaught of weather, moisture, and heat. So while they might look exceptionally appealing, wooden windows can weigh you down when it comes to maintenance.
On the other hand, vinyl windows are far less taxing to care for. With a little water and dish soap, you can rub down the frames and get them gleaming just as they did when they were first installed. Requiring zero special skill or knowledge, cleaning a vinyl window can be an effortless task.
Ever wonder why your electricity bill tends to sky rocket even when you make sure to keep an eye on your consumption? You might be overlooking an important aspect of energy efficiency. HVAC systems tend to work overtime when your home is unable to assist in the maintenance of temperatures.
If there are gaps and cracks in your window frames, your home would be unable to maintain temperatures, allowing cold and heat to seep through the gaps. This forces your HVAC system to work harder, increasing your energy consumption and causing electricity bills to rise.
Canadian Choice Windows and Doors helps to relieve that pain by offering some of the best vinyl windows in Ottawa. Specially designed to seal your home, these premium PVC windows help maintain the ideal temperature to keep your electricity bills at an all-time low.
Our windows are installed using the revolutionary DraftLock Technology that we’ve developed and perfected throughout the years. This brand-new advancement allows us to install windows that are up to 23% more energy efficient than others in the market.
Windows do far more for your home than just let light and air in. They add a touch of aesthetic appeal to your home. Of course, wooden windows can look exceptionally beautiful because of the natural, organic appearance of wood. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t any other options.
Ottawa vinyl windows can come in an array of different colors and designs, so the sky’s the limit when it comes to choosing one to match your home. They’re often designed to look neat, seamless, and clean, so even from the outside, your windows are sure to make your home look breezy and light.
If you’re hoping to get window replacement in Ottawa, Canadian Choice has over 40 different vinyl window styles for you to choose from. Find a window to match each unique room in your home through our extensive selection of decorative window designs.
Ease of Installation
If you’re like most other homeowners, you probably dread the idea of putting every household task on hold just to make room for a renovation. Replacing windows can displace your entire schedule, and that can be stressful for the most of us. Fortunately, vinyl windows don’t require the same intensive processes.
It should take no more than day to finish replacing your existing windows with vinyl windows. Canadian Choice Windows and Doors makes it even easier to get window replacement in Ottawa by offering you a complete installation package that takes the hassle out of your hands so you can sit back, relax, and have your vinyl windows installed in a snap.
Most Ottawa manufacturers and retailers will offer PVC windows with much longer warranties. That because the material is far more durable and resistant to damage, so those who sell them feel more confident in the integrity of their windows. You’ll find that most manufacturers can offer up to 25 years of warranty coverage on their vinyl windows, which can be just as long as its lifespan.
At Canadian Choice Windows and Doors however, we take it even further. Our vinyl windows come with a lifetime warranty. So if you manage to extend the lifespan of your windows beyond the 25 to 30 year expectancy, you can be sure that you’ll still get excellent service well after installation. Our premium window replacement in Ottawa guarantees excellent quality and durability, allowing you to enjoy your windows as a long-term investment.
Industry Standard Security
Some people tend to shy away from vinyl windows under the idea that they’re cheap and made of ‘plastic’. The misconception is that because they’re made of ‘flimsy’ material, they’re prone to break-ins and security breaches. But that couldn’t be any further from the truth.
PVC vinyl windows can be just as secure - or even more secure - than their wooden counterparts. Although they’re not as heavy, they are exceptionally rigid and resistant to mechanical damage. On top of that, the installation of PVC windows calls for a lot of reinforcement to hold the frame in place and to seal any gaps between the window and the walls.
Of course, just like any other window, you’d still need to take the necessary precautions to prevent unwanted access. But if you’re worried about it breaking or giving in to damage, it helps to know that PVC windows are just as resilient as wooden ones.
When is It Time to Replace Windows in Ottawa?
We can’t all be window experts. So there might be a few red flags that fly over your head when it comes to assessing the integrity and viability of the windows in your home. If you’re not entirely sure whether it’s time to retire those old windows in favor of vinyl, then these tell-tale signs should help make it clearer.
- Rising electricity bills - Noticing that your monthly electricity bill is starting to shoot up with no change in your consumption? It might be your windows. If you think that might be the case, Canadian Choice Windows and Doors can inspect your windows for you and determine whether they’re ripe for a replacement.
- Rotting walls - Ill-fitting windows or old wooden windows can allow moisture to seep in and eat away at your walls. If you notice that your walls are starting to discolor and leak during rainy days, then there might be an issue with the seal between the jambs and the window frames.
- Difficult operation - Take some time to walk around your home and try to open each window you come across. Do they open effortlessly or do you need to exert some force to get them unlatched and opened? Windows shouldn’t require your physical strength for simple opening and closing. Because this can be a hazard, you might want to consider having them replaced.
- Poor noise management - Windows can be a great way to mute out the outside world. But if you feel like the sounds of passing cars and talkative neighbors are too overwhelming, then you might want to consider having your windows replaced. The vinyl windows we offer at Canadian Choice Windows and Doors are designed to allow optimal sound proofing, giving you a quiet, serene space without the nuance of outdoor noise.
- Condensation - Although condensation might be normal in some cases, that which forms between two panes of glass can be an issue. This could indicate that your seals have failed, and may call for immediate replacement to prevent further damage to your windows and walls.