Windows are undoubtedly one of the most important parts of your home because they let in fresh air, add natural light to your life, and complete the visual appeal of the house in general. And it seems very easy to choose new windows until you actually start the process. This is why in this article we decided to focus on windows materials, because they are one of the most important decisive factors you should keep in mind when choosing replacement windows. Below we described benefits and most frequent applications of various windows materials according to the environment and needs of your home.
First of all, Winnipeg windows experts explain what you should remember about: materials of windows have gone much further than just wood and aluminum over the years and that today you can have a great variety of materials at hand. Windows for replacement should be chosen according to your environment and home construction, only after meeting these two points you can consider their visual appeal. With the properly chosen material for your new windows you will be able to raise energy efficiency and performance of the whole house.
- Wood: Wood is the most common and oldest windows material existing today. Most frequently people in Winnipeg choose it for its aesthetic look and a variety of options because wooden windows for replacement are made in a variety of shapes and sizes. Wood requires much maintenance, but with proper care you can get long life, best energy efficiency and one of the highest rates of R-value.
- Wood clad: As said above, wooden frames will require much maintenance, this is why Winnipeg manufacturers more and more offer people wood clad windows for replacement. Wood clad windows are a combination of vinyl and wooden characteristics which means that you get perfect visual appeal and ideal low maintenance for newly installed windows. As a result your home has ideally looking windows on the interior and significantly improved weather resistance on the exterior part of the house.
- Aluminum: Aluminum windows are easy for windows installation companies. They are lightweight, strong, and very durable. Most frequently, this is the cheapest type of replacement windows you can find in Winnipeg, however if choosing them be ready to deal with condensation issues, that very frequently result in mold problems.
- Vinyl: One of the most famous windows materials. Vinyl windows are long-lasting and low-maintenance. They offer highest after wood energy efficiency, but at the same time have significantly lower cost. As a result you get no maintenance and great performance for the fair price.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass windows are mostly used in harsh environments and ideal to withstand extreme conditions. Regarding the price of these replacement windows, it would be higher than of vinyl windows with pretty much the same characteristics.
- Composite: Composite windows as well as vinyl windows are known for being strong and energy efficient. This is the most popular material for windows in Winnipeg in case you need to create customized windows.