WHO ARE THE SPONSORS?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by Canadian Choice Windows & Doors.
Canadian Choice Windows & Doors and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”. Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third-party social media or social networking service or site (a “Third Party Service”), the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third-Party Service; any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Canadian Choice Windows and Doors and not to any Third-Party Service.
WHO MAY ENTER THE CONTEST?
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of eighteen (18) at the time of entry. Entrants must be a Canadian homeowner.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest:
- employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) the Sponsors, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates; (iii) any prize supplier(s); and (iv) any other entity involved in the administration or fulfillment of the Contest;
- (b) a household member of any of the individuals listed in (a), above, whether or not related;
- (c) members of the immediate family (i.e. spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed in (a), above.
WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
You may enter the Contest between 12:00 a.m. ET on April 17th, 2023 and 11:59 p.m. ET on July 17, 2023 (“Entry Period”). All times referenced in these Official Rules are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to register for, or enter, the Contest.
You may enter for the grand prizes by i) completing an entry form online at windowscanada.com/sweepstakes where entrants need to book an appointment for an in-home estimate from Canadian Choice Windows and Doors to enter the contest. Following the Entry Period, a winner will be randomly selected. ii) On a 3” x 5” card, hand print your complete name, home street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, province, postal code, date of birth, daytime and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address. If you do not have a telephone, indicate “No Phone.” Failure to comply with this or any other terms in these Official Rules will result in disqualification. Mail your entry in a hand-addressed, business-size envelope (#10) with postage, to: “CCWD Sweepstakes”, 55 Westcreek Drive, Vaughan, Ontario, L4L. Limit one entry per envelope. No more than one (1) entry per household. Entries must be received by July 10, 2023.
(a) ACCESSING THE FORM
HOW DO I ACCESS THE FORM?
To access the FORM, head to the landing page windowscanada.com/sweepstakes and you will be presented with a landing page (the “Landing Page”). Enter your valid personal information and select a date for your in-home estimate. When you click submit, the Canadian Choice Windows and Doors customer care team will confirm your appointment. Once your appointment is completed, you will be entered to win the grand prize. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period.
HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period.
COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
- you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
In addition, the Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Canadian Choice Windows and Doors as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by Canadian Choice Windows and Doors pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules;
- you agree that the Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity or eligibility to enter the Contest; failure to provide any such proof upon request may result in disqualification;
- you release and forever discharge the Sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, or any travel or activity related to any prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules.
WHAT IS THE CONTEST PRIZE?
There is one prize to be won, it consists of:
- a home upgrade package valued up to $25,000 (twenty five thousand Canadian dollars) consisting of products and services limited to the manufacturing and installation costs of Canadian Choice Windows & Doors products. Owners will be responsible for any costs for products or services above the $25,000 prize value.
- One (1) hour meet & greet with Bryan Baeumler after the installation of the home upgrade package. Bryan will visit the job site to meet the homeowners. He will not participate in the project, and he is not associated or responsible for the products or materials used, the project process, or the completed work.
ARE THERE ANY PRIZE CONDITIONS?
In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- Prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules.
- The prize may be substituted, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors.
- The prize may not be resold.
- Any unused portion of the prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. The prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen.
- Any gift or prepaid card is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer.
- All costs and expenses associated with the use or redemption of any prize that is not explicitly indicated above as included in are the applicable winner’s sole responsibility.
WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest.
By accepting a prize:
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- you agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- you acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- if you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than Canadian Choice Windows and Doors, Canadian Choice Windows and Doors will disclose your personal information to that other party for that purpose;
- if you are a potential prize winner, Canadian Choice Windows and Doors may disclose your personal information to any prize supplier for purposes of prize fulfillment; and
- if you have been asked to sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, Canadian Choice Windows and Doors may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
- If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes are claimed than intended to be distributed or awarded according to these Official Rules (at any prizing level), then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Contest immediately, the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion to rescind invalid prize claims, conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible prize claimants (at the applicable prizing level) in order to award the correct number of Prizes. In no event will the Sponsors be liable for more than the number of Prizes as stated in these Official Rules (at any prizing level). If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other
WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The laws of the province or territory in which you reside apply to the Contest.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors may cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever. For example, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsors may adjust any of the dates, timeframes or other Contest mechanics, or suspend or cancel the Contest.
WOULD THE SPONSORS EVER DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors may disqualify without notice or ban someone from the Contest or any future contest for any other reason, including if the Sponsors find that a person has:
- resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest;
- provided false or misleading information;
- acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; or
- otherwise violated these Official Rules.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTRADICT OTHER CONTEST MATERIALS?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
WHAT HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.
WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING?
The actual odds of winning a prize will depend upon the actual number of Entries received for this Sweepstakes.